We've put together 30 of our favorite Daniel Fast friendly recipes that are delicious, filling, and healing to the body. Simply click on the images below to get the recipes and directions. Have a favorite dish of your own? Share with us in the comments!
The Daniel Fast Food List
- All fruit – fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned.
- All vegetables – fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, or canned.
- All whole grains – amaranth, barley, brown rice, oats, quinoa, millet, and whole wheat.
- All nuts & seeds – almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pine nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds; unsweetened almond milk. Nut butters are also included.
- All legumes – canned or dried; black beans, black-eyed peas, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), great northern beans, kidney beans, lentils, pinto beans, and split peas.
- All quality oils – avocado, coconut, grapeseed, olive, peanut, sesame, and walnut.
- Beverages– distilled water, filtered water, and spring water.
- Other – unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, or soy milk; herbs, spices, salt, pepper, unsweetened coconut flakes, seasonings, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, soy products, and tofu.
Foods to Avoid on the Daniel Fast
- All meat & animal products – bacon, beef, buffalo, eggs, fish, lamb, poultry, and pork.
- All dairy products – butter, cheese, cream, milk, and yogurt.
- All sweeteners – agave nectar, artificial sweeteners, brown rice syrup, cane juice, honey, molasses, raw sugar, syrups, stevia, and sugar.
- All leavened bread & yeast – baked goods and Ezekiel bread (if it contains yeast and honey).
- All refined & processed food products – artificial flavorings, chemicals, food additives, preservatives, white flour, and white rice.
- All deep-fried foods – corn chips, French fries, and potato chips.
- All solid fats – lard, margarine, and shortening.
- Beverages – alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, energy drinks, herbal tea, and tea.
Please note that there are a few recipes that may call for ingredients that are not Daniel Fast friendly such as cheese, chicken broth, and certain sweeteners. Make sure to either skip these ingredients or replace it with an appropriate alternative. For example, vegetable broth can be used as an alternative to chicken broth. Enjoy!
BREAKFAST CHIA PUDDING
MIXED BERRY DETOX SMOOTHIE BOWL
ROASTED PLANTAIN & BLACK BEAN VEGAN BOWL
LEMONY KALE, AVOCADO, AND CHICKPEA SALAD
EASY VEGAN JACKFRUIT TACOS
EASY PORTOBELLO FAJITAS
(use corn or gluten-free almond flour/cassava flour tortillas)
BEST LENTIL SOUP
Thank you for these recipes. I started the Daniel Fast today, and these will be so helpful.
Especially the sweets.
The Roasted potato vegetable salad!! OMG im making it tomorrow, sounds so yummy, praying for everyone to be successful this New Year!!
When I say The Daniel Fast has never looked any better…OMMMMMGG, you have done it.
Thank you so much for this amazing lineup of recipes! I can’t thank you enough as it has been challenging to figure out what to eat, given the restrictions.
ThIs makes me really excited to press into the Lord any deeper and trust his will!
Peace and blessings to you for the 2022 year!!!
Amazing! So glad we could help, enjoy!
Wow Beautiful , the food looks amazing, delicious and healthy!! I would like to make all of these while on the Daniel fast, and healthy journey..
Thank you so very much…I really appreciate you taking the time to share these recipes..
God Bless you
So glad we could help! We hope this fast is a fruitful one for you ❤️
Thank you so much for this list of recipes! I’m planning a Daniel fast for Jan 2022. I’ve shared this list with a few friends. I excited to try these recipes and start the new year with healthy clean eating <3
Thanks for sharing Ashley! Happy Fasting!
Leave a comment